Cookbooks On My Mind…..The Cookbook Guru List
Selecting books from my bookshelf that I want to focus on for the month has already resulted in a few winning recipes and sent me on some foodie tangents which have been a ton of fun. Add to this getting to know some of my fellow bloggers better as we share recipes from the same book together and I’m very glad I started to follow through on this idea of a cookbook book club.
What I decided I would do is share with you some of the books on my mind that I’m thinking about choosing for the year and see if you have preferences, a wish list of your own or even a suggestion of a cook book you would like us focus on. Some of the books for me are old favourites, some staples on an Australian kitchen bookshelf, some on my cookbook wish list that I will be hunting down, and some new and interesting books I’d like to get into and explore properly.
In no particular order these are the books I’m thinking about us delving into this year:
- My China by Kylie Kwong
- The Complete Asian Cookbook by Charmaine Solomon
- Middle Eastern Cookbook by Claudia Roden
- Seafood Lovers Guide by Rick Stein
- Food From Many Greek Kitchens by Tessa Kiros
- The Food of Italy by Claudia Roden
- Stephanie Alexander’s Cooks Companion (this one might have to be over a few months)
- Food I Love by Neil Perry
- The Cake Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum
- Chez Panisse by Alice Water
- Something by Ottolenghi
- Something by Karen Martini
- Something from Elizabeth David
- Mrs Beaton’s Guide to Housekeeping
- The Margaret Fulton Cookbook
- Cooking with Verjuice by Maggie Beer
- Thai Food by David Thompson
- French by Damien Pignolet
- Cumulus Inc by Andrew O’Connell
- The Classic Italian Cookbook by Marcella Hazan
- The Original River Cottage Cookbook by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstaff
- Under The Walnut Tree by Anna & Fanny Bergenström
- Saha by Greg & Lucy Malouf
- Manna from Heaven by Rachel Grisewood
What’s your pick? Have I missed something you would like to see added to the list? Make sure you let me know and I’ll do my best to see that it is included.
If you’re keen to get involved in The Cookbook Guru then make sure that you check out this months book which is Falling Cloudberries by Tessa Kiros.
Here’s to a very happy year of great food and exploring new recipes