The Complete Asian Cookbook by Charmaine Solomon
Wow, what a month of delicious discoveries and exciting experiments!
What Did We Create This Month?
Here is a rundown of the amazing food created in our kitchens this month for The Cook Book Guru.
- Meat & Coconut Patties by Glenda at Passion Fruit Garden
- Burmese Pork Curry by me Sharing The Food We Love
- Eastern Style Croquettes by Glenda at Passion Fruit Garden
- Cambodian Caramelised Pepper Pork by Nancy at Jamjnr
- Oven Roasted Spiced Chicken by Lona at Lona’s in the Kitchen
- Indonesian Corn Fritters by Francesca at Almost Italian
- Vegetable Curries by Lady Red Specs at Please Pass The Recipe
- Chicken with Lemongrass by Glenda at Passion Fruit Garden
- Indonesian Sticky Spareribs by Lona at Lona’s in the Kitchen
- Green Thai Curry Paste from The Cook Book Guru
- Parsi Scrambled Eggs from Nancy at Jamjnr
- Curried Chicken with Cashews from Glenda at Passion Fruit Garden
- Anda Kari (Egg Curry) by Leah at Sharing The Food We Love
- Squid Curry with Green Bean Sambal by Lady Red Specs at Please Pass The Recipe
- Garam Masala by Leah at Sharing The Food We Love
Wow, what a collection of food!
What was your favourite part of cooking from Charmaine Solomon’s The Complete Asian Cookbook?
I loved learning just how easy it was to create curry pastes and to make curries in general. I think I’ve finally embraced and understood a little more the beauty that lies in cooking with spices. It’s a knowledge I’ve been seeking but feeling like its has been eluding me. I’m sure I still have a way to go in the learning process but I’m feeling a lot more confident about it.
My favourite part though was once again reading about the delight and joy that everyone took in being a part of this cook book book club. Wether you were discovering this book for the first time and trying new recipes or cooking old time favourites and reliving treasured memories, it is what brings me joy and has me coming back each month to set The Cook Book Guru in motion.
Which recipe will you be recreating in your kitchen?
I know that I have some great new favourites in my house including the Egg Curry and the Pea and Potato recipe that Lady Red Specs created. I’m really keen to try Nancy’s Parsi Eggs and also Lona’s Oven Roasted Spiced Chicken in the coming months.
It’s what The Cook Book Guru is all about….
Thank you for being a part of a wonderful exploration of an old classic that still seems to have as much relevance in the kitchen today as it did 40 years ago when it was published. We may adapt the recipes to our palates and the ingredients available to us, but the basic knowledge and skills included are incredibly valuable to anyone wanting a starting point to learn how to cook curries and explore the culinary landscape.
Thank you to Nancy, Sandra (aka Lady Red Specs), Lona, Glenda, & Francesca for your wonderful explorations, creations and enthusiasm in diving into this book, I hope you enjoyed your creations as much as I did reading about them.
If you have any suggestion or recommendations of cook books that you would like to see added to the list please don’t hesitate to let me know.
Want to be a part of a more casual conversation and sharing with what you create as part of The Cook Book Guru? Tag The #CookBookGuru and @sharingthefoodwelove on Instagram and share your photo’s or have family and friends join in the conversation.
I’m looking forward to seeing what we all come up with for March’s book.